Welcome to 5th Grade
Fifth Grade Newsletter:
Social Studies Curriculum
Social Studies overall theme: The Western Hemisphere
Units of Study-
- To what degree does geography determine culture?
- How do issues of power, wealth, and morality influence exploration and colonization?
- Comparative case study of Western Hemisphere Cultures: United States, Canada, Mexico
- How do key forces and events shape nations?
- How does an interdependent region meet the challenges of modern living?
Science overall theme: The nature of matter through the lens of complex systems and interactions in Life, Earth, and Space Sciences
Units of study-
- Physical and chemical changes
- Matter and energy in ecosystems
- Earth systems science
- Stars and the solar system